Common Questions from AHCCCS Applicants
Q: Who can apply?
A: All Arizona residents can apply. If you are under age 18, you may apply for yourself and your children. However, if you are living with a parent(s),
you must include your parent(s) as part of your household. You can apply for a person or household as their representative.
You can have someone else apply for you as your representative.
Q: How long does it take to decide if I'm eligible for benefits?
A: Time frames vary by program.
- Arizona Long Term Care System (ALTCS) - within 45 days
- AHCCCS Health Insurance - within 45 days; 20 days if pregnant
- AHCCCS Freedom to Work - within 45 days; 90 days if a disability determination is required
- Medicare Savings Programs - within 45 days
- KidsCare - within 30 days (Program currently capped)
Q: What are the requirements for reporting immigration violation?
A: The document below provides information about the AHCCCS policy regarding discovered violations of immigration law, as required under HB 2008.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view PDF files. This is a free program available
from the Adobe web site. Follow the download directions on the Adobe
web site to get your copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader.