AHCCCS Provider Enrollment
Due to the recent COVID-19 pandemic and the need to reduce the spread of the virus, AHCCCS transitioned many staff to work alternative methods such as telework. In order to successfully continue to meet the needs of our Provider community, it is recommended to begin sending an email with provider enrollment related questions, a response will be provided within 24 hours and begin Faxing or Emailing ALL provider related applications and verifications. Our faxes are received electronically which can continue to be easily received and distributed for timely processing.
Fax (Preferred Method): 602-256-1474
Any person or company may participate as an AHCCCS provider if the person or company
is qualified to render a covered service and complies with AHCCCS policies and procedures
for provider participation.
All providers of AHCCCS-covered services (either Fee-For-Service or managed care)
must meet the following requirements:
- Register with the AHCCCS Administration which requires signing the Provider Agreement
that includes Federal requirements under 42 CFR Part 431.107
- Meet AHCCCS requirements for professional licensure, certification or enrollment
- Complete all applicable enrollment forms
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Planned Parenthood of
Arizona has filed a lawsuit seeking to permanently enjoin the State from requiring, as
a condition of participation in the AHCCCS program, an attestation regarding abortion
services as required by A.R.S. § 35-196.05. The United States District Court for Arizona is
scheduled to hold a hearing on that case on October 5, 2012. Until the Court rules following
that date, the State has agreed not to terminate any current provider agreements based on the
attestation or lack of an attestation. Neither will the State deny any applications to register
as an AHCCCS provider based solely on the attestation or the lack of an attestation.
- Institutions (companies/facilities) are required to pay an
enrollment fee, effective January 1, 2012
- Specific provider types will require a site visit conducted by AHCCCS prior to enrollment, and are subject to unannounced post enrollment site visits (Required Fee and-or Site Visit by Provider Type).
- Once registered, providers are encouraged to use the following check list to assist them in working with AHCCCS: Provider Office Check List.
- AHCCCS uses a variety of resources to help providers understand policies, prior authorization, claim submission, and changes to the program. An important notification regarding resources for Fee-for-Service providers can be found here: Provider Welcome Letter.