AHCCCS News & Updates
May 18, 2023
Back To Top
New and Revalidating Behavioral Health Providers Subject to High-Risk Screening
Behavioral Health Residential Facility, Integrated Clinics, and Behavioral Health Outpatient Clinics providers will be required to meet additional registration requirements
Effective May 29, 2023, three types of behavioral health providers are required to register as a high risk provider type and meet additional requirements.
Affected provider types include:
- Behavioral Health Residential Facility (B8),
- Integrated Clinics (IC), and
- Behavioral Health Outpatient Clinics (77).
What providers need to know:
At initial application and, for existing providers, at revalidation, these three provider types will be required to pay an application fee and complete additional screening criteria, including:
- Fingerprint-Based Criminal Background Check (FCBC), and
- Site visit in accordance with Section 6401 of the Affordable Care Act and 42 CFR 455, Subpart E, in addition to all other required screenings.
Providers can contact APEPTrainingQuestions@azahcccs.gov with questions.