Health-e-Arizona Plus (HEAplus)
Maintenance on Federal Data Sources
April 6, 2015
Federal data sources used by Health-e-Arizona Plus (HEAplus) will not be available during scheduled maintenance times. When these federal data sources are not available, HEAplus will not be able to accept your application. We apologize for any inconvenience. Federal data sources will not available during the following times:
- Monday through Friday, 10:00 pm to 2:00 am, Arizona time.
- Saturday, 8:00 pm to 2:00 am, Arizona time.
- Sunday, 8:00 pm to 2:00 am, Arizona time.
December 17, 2013
IMPORTANT: If you are denied AHCCCS coverage for being over income, please apply for health care coverage at www.healthcare.gov.
If you apply on HEAplus and your AHCCCS application is denied for being over income, you must go to the Federal Marketplace to apply for health care coverage. You can do this by going online to www.healthcare.gov, open an account and complete your application.
October 29, 2013
Notice: Federal online application systems, including Data Service Hubs used by HEAPlus to confirm identity and other information, continue to experience technical difficulties. The Federal Government continues to work on improving its systems. If you are unable to complete the online application, please submit your application online at a later time. AHCCCS will do its best to update you timely once the federal data hub is available but the agency is dependent on receiving that notice from the federal government
"Go Live" is Saturday, 10/19/13
A decision was made to "go live" with Health-e-Arizona Plus (HEAplus) on Saturday, October 19, 2013. This date was selected because there is lighter system use on weekends, making it easier to manage the new system before the heavy work week use starts on Monday.
Before 10/19/13, HEAplus must be updated with application information entered in the current Health-e-Arizona (HEA) system during the prior 2 week period. This will require that access to HEA be stopped at 7:00 PM on Thursday, October 17, 2013. HEA will not be available on Friday, October, 18, 2013. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Effective October 1, the new website at www.healthearizonaplus.gov accepts all applications, including applications for childless adults and for the new expanded categories. HEAplus offers the most accurate, credible, real-time eligibility determinations for public assistance programs such as Medicaid, Cash Assistance and Food Stamps. HEAplus is finalizing the systems needed to streamline the eligibility process, resulting in better, faster services to members and the organizations that serve them. Applicants who donâ€™t qualify for Medicaid will be connected to the Federal Health Insurance Marketplace (FFM) where they may qualify for premium tax credits and cost sharing reductions.
HEAplus will look and feel familiar to current HEA users with new and improved features such as ID proofing to insure personal information is kept safe and secure. Other changes include utilizing state and federal data hubs to confirm information electronically and the option to receive notices and report changes electronically.
HEAplus Contact Information
HEAplus website: www.Healthearizonaplus.gov
Customer Support Center Phone #: 1-855-HEA-plus (1-855-432-7587)
Who Can Use HEAplus?
There are two ways to use HEAplus:
- Public Access to HEAplus Online - Anyone can access www.healthearizonaplus.gov from any internet connection. You can logon and create your own account.
- Become a HEAplus Community Partner - HEAplus Community Partners that are part of the public/private partnership for eligibility. For more information on these partnerships, see below.
HEAplus Community Partner Organizations
Today there are over 200 Community Partner organizations in more than 400 locations throughout the state using HEAplus to help Arizonans apply online for AHCCCS Health Insurance, Nutrition Assistance (formerly Food Stamps) and TANF Cash Assistance.
Application assistors from these organizations complete HEAplus applications during an interactive interview with the customer. The customer only needs to sign the application at the end. With improved access to electronic data sources, HEAplus is often able to verify much of the information that is needed for an eligibility decision. When electronic sources do not verify all information needed, assistors can help customers submit documents to their HEAplus application electronically. Assistors can track the progress of the application and help their customers throughout the application process.
Some advantages of being a HEAplus Community Partner Organization include:
- Provide personalized support to your customers in their own community
- Help your customers apply for multiple programs in one process
- Real-time electronic verification of many eligibility factors
- Receive a customized, detailed list of the documents needed from the customer
- Electronically submit your customer's documents to ensure quick and secure receipt
- Track application status, including final eligibility results, for your customers without contacting state agencies
- Access easy monitoring of applications through the Workload Management features
- Access to a special call center that helps assistors resolve problems with their applications.
How to Become a HEAplus Community Partner
Here are the steps involved in becoming a HEAplus Community Partner:
- Submit a HEAplus Community Partner Application form telling us about your organization and how you would like to use HEAplus. Each organization must have a HEAplus Site Administrator who will control access to the system by your staff. You will need to identify this person on the application form.
Sign a HEAplus Community Partner Agreement with AHCCCS: After we receive your information, we will draft the agreement for your signature and send it to you by e-mail.
- User Application Forms: User application forms are required from both the organization and each individual user before account access is approved in the HEAplus system. Links to information about submitting these forms and the required forms are available below.
Initial System Access: The following items must be received from your organization and processed before your organization can start using HEAplus:
- A signed HEAplus Community Partner Agreement
- User Application forms
- Complete Training: The Health-e-Arizona Training Team offers initial and ongoing training to your staff. Monthly HEAplus training is provided through e-learning and web conferences. Ongoing training opportunities are available monthly.
For more information, please contact an AHCCCS representative at HEAAHCCCS@azahcccs.gov