Division of Fee-For-Service-Management: Training Resources
AHCCCS Provider Training offers both in person and online training to Fee-For-Service (FFS) providers on how to submit claims, prior authorization requests, additional documentation (i.e. the AHCCCS Daily Trip report or requested medical records), etc. using the AHCCCS Online Provider Portal and the Transaction Insight Portal.
The AHCCCS Provider Training team also offers periodic trainings whenever there are significant changes in AHCCCS policy or to the AHCCCS billing manuals.
The Training Resources web page provides information on:
- The DFSM Claims Clues Newsletter;
- How to sign up for “Constant Contacts,” DFSM’s E-mail Notification System;
- The DFSM Provider Training Schedule;
- Access to Power Point Presentations for past trainings; and
- Contact information for the Division’s Training Team.
By reading the DFSM Claims Clues Newsletter and signing up for Constant Contacts providers can remain apprised of changes to the AHCCCS program, claims and billing updates and requirements, and system changes.
DFSM Claims Clues Newsletter
DFSM publishes a monthly newsletter for providers. It is available online and provides information about the following:
- Claims and billing updates
- Billing policies and requirements
- System changes
- Changes to program benefits
Past issues are available here.
Receive Email News Updates
Providers are invited to subscribe to DFSM email news alerts regarding changes to the program, claims and billing updates and requirements, system changes, upcoming trainings, forums and other business news.
Subscribe to receive notifications about upcoming trainings, forums, and important business updates.
Power Point Presentations
- Behavioral Health Residential Facility AMPM 320-V (June 11, 2019)
- Behavioral Health Residential Facility - Online Prior Authorization Submission Guide (March 20, 2019)
- Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) Daily Trip Report (April 24, 2019)
- General Direct Care Agency (DCA) Worker Training - Audit Overview (March 14, 2019)
- Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) Reminders (February 7, 2019)
- Direct Care Services Agencies Fee-For-Service Overview (January 16, 2019)
- Training Schedule 4th QTR 2018
- Training Schedule 3rd QTR 2018
- Training Schedule 2nd QTR 2018
- Training Schedule 1st QTR 2018
Power Point Presentations
- American Indian Health Program (AIHP) & AHCCCS Complete Care (ACC) Overview (October 10, 2018)
- AHCCCS Complete Care (August 16, 2018)
- Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT): Filling out the Daily Trip Report (June 12th, 2018)
- Online Prior Authorization Submission – Updated Training (May 17, 2018)
- National Drug Code (May 10, 2018)
- Online Behavioral Health PA Submission Update (April 19, 2018)
- Online Prior Authorization Submission (March 22, 2018)
- 638 FQHC Training (March 14, 2018)
- This training only pertains to provider types 05/77 who elect to become recognized as a 638 FQHC.
- Online Claim Submission: Dental Claims (March 8, 2018)
- Emergency Dental Training (March 1, 2018)
- Online Claim Submission: Institutional Claims (February 22, 2018)
- Transaction Insight (TI) Portal Web Upload Attachment Guide (February 12, 2018)
- Online Claims Submission: Professional Claims (February 9, 2018)
- Replacements and Voids (February 1, 2018)
- Member Eligibility (January 16, 2018)
Power Point Presentations
- Dental Updates (September 27, 2017)
- Claims Clues (July 27, 2017)
- Constant Contact (July 20, 2017)
- Prior Authorization (June 22, 2017)
- Voids & Replacements (June 12, 2017)
- Summary of Coverage for Podiatry Services (May 24, 2017)
- Behavioral Health Prior Authorization Process For Providers (May 11, 2017)
- Navigating the AHCCCS website(April 10, 2017)
- Medicare Part D Billing (April 20, 2017)
- Arizona Long Term Care System (ALTCS) Dental Benefit (April 3, 2017)
- How to Status a Claim Using the AHCCCS Online Portal (March 17, 2017)
- Prior Authorization (PA) (March 10, 2017)
- Behavioral Health Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (BH NEMT) (March 1, 2017)
- Claims Submission using the AHCCCS OnLine Portal (February 16, 2017)
- National Drug Code (NDC) (January 12, 2017)
Computer Based Training
To check the status of your claim, please use the AHCCCS Online Provider Portal. If you are unable to resolve a claims issue using the portal, please contact AHCCCS Claims Customer Service at 602-417-7670, option 4, between 7:30 am and 4 pm Monday through Friday.
If you require technical assistance with the portal, please contact the AHCCCS ISD Customer Support Desk at 602-417-4451.
Provider Training Contact Information
The DFSM Provider Training team can be reached at: ProviderTrainingFFS@azahcccs.gov
- Note: DFSM Provider Training is unable to assist with medical billing and coding questions in preparation of claims submittal for services/procedures rendered.
- AHCCCS Medical Policy Manual (AMPM)
- FFS Provider Billing Manual
- IHS/Tribal Provider Billing Manual
- Billing Manual Drafts (FFS and IHS/Tribal)
Provider Enrollment Information
For information on provider enrollment please visit our provider enrollment webpage.