AHCCCS Member Resources
Additional information for AHCCCS members can be found on this page.
The purpose of the Eligibility Policy Manualis to provide detailed documentation that supports eligibility decisions for the various health insurance programs offered through AHCCCS.
ALTCS Member-Directed Options
Member directed models or options allow members to have more control over how certain services are provided, including services like attendant care, personal care and homemaker services. The models are not a service, but rather define the way in which services are delivered. Member-directed options are available to most Arizona Long Term Care System (ALTCS) members who live in their own home. The options are not available to members who live in an alternative residential setting or nursing facility. ALTCS members or their representatives are encouraged to contact their case manager to learn more about and consider member-directed options.
Agency with Choice Resources
Agency with Choice a member-directed option available to ALTCS members living in their own home. Under the Agency with Choice option, the provider agency and the member enter into a relationship and share employer-based responsibilities for the paid caregiver. The provider agency maintains the authority to hire and fire the caregiver and provide or arrange for the required minimum standardized training for the caregiver. The member, or their individual representative, may choose to assume one or more of the following employer-based responsibilities:
- Recruit and select caregivers, including specifying the qualifications of the caregiver over and above the standard qualifications required by AHCCCS
- Dismiss caregivers
- Manage caregivers, including determining duties and schedules
- Supervise caregivers
- Training caregivers, including identifying special training needs
AHCCCS Member Communication
Click on "Member Notice" for the latest communication regarding the new Agency with Choice, member-directed option. Click on "FAQs" for answers to common questions pertaining to Agency with Choice.
- Member Notice (English) | Rich Text Version
- Member Notice (Spanish) | Rich Text Version
- FAQs (English) | Rich Text Version
- FAQs (Spanish) | Rich Text Version
Self Directed Attendant Care (SDAC) Resources
Self Directed Attendant Care (SDAC) is a member-directed option that has been available to members since 2008. Under the SDAC option, the member or member’s legal guardian serves as the legal employer of the paid caregiver and assumes all employer-based responsibilities. The member or member’s legal guardian is supported by a Fiscal Employer Agent that takes care of the taxes, payroll withholding and paychecks for the caregiver.
- Self Directed Attendant Care Policy (Chapter 1300, AHCCCS Medical Policy Manual)
- Self Directed Attendant Care Member Manual
- Cover Page | Rich Text Version
- Table of Contents | Rich Text Version
- Member Information | Rich Text Version
- Training Material | Rich Text Version
- Attendant Care Worker (ACW) (caregiver) Info | Rich Text Version
- Forms | Rich Text Version
- Self Directed Attendant Care Agreement
- Self Directed Attendant Care Application for Employment
- Self Directed Attendant Care Member/Attendant Care Worker Agreement
- Self Directed Attendant Care Reporting Form
Additional Information & Brochure
American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN) enrolled in AHCCCS or Children's Health Insurance Program (KidsCare) may choose to receive their coverage through the AHCCCS American Indian Health Program (AIHP) or one of the AHCCCS-contracted managed health plans.
Information About the AHCCCS American Indian Health Program
AHCCCS American Indian Health Program (AIHP) provides medically necessary services for enrolled members. The program also provides coverage for preventive and behavioral health care services.
AIHP members may receive health care services from Indian Health Facilities (the Indian Health Service, tribally-operated "638" health programs, urban Indian health clinics) and other AHCCCS-registered doctors.
Unique Program Choices
AI/AN members can switch their enrollment between AHCCCS AIHP and an AHCCCS managed health care plan and back again at any time. However, a member can change from one managed health care plan to another (for example, Mercy Care Plan to Maricopa Health Plan) only once a year.
There are two ways for AHCCCS members to change their AHCCCS enrollment:
- Online: www.healthearizonaplus.gov
- In Maricopa County: 602-417-7100
- Outside Maricopa County: 1-800-962-6690