ASAM CONTINUUM™ Implementation in Arizona
AHCCCS is implementing the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) CONTINUUM™ assessment in the public behavioral health system for adults aged 18 and older presenting with substance use conditions, including for those members with co-occurring mental health conditions.
The ASAM CONTINUUM™ is an electronic assessment tool that allows clinicians to leverage a computerized clinical decision support system (CDSS). ASAM CONTINUUM™ guides interviewers through a whole-person comprehensive assessment aligned with the six dimensions of The ASAM Criteria to determine service planning, transfer recommendations, and produces a level of care recommendation for the least intensive, but safe and appropriate setting.
- ASAM CONTINUUM™ Fliers
- ASAM Level of Care Certification Fliers
- ASAM to AHCCCS Level of Care Crosswalk
- AZ WITS Quick Start - User Guide
- AZ WITS Provider Staff Administrator - User Guide
- AHCCCS WITS ASAM CONTINUUM™ Subscription Order Form
- Business Associate and Qualified Service Organization Agreement
Please fill out the following forms and send to FEI Systems to purchase AZ WITS ASAM CONTINUUM subscriptions
The Arizona ASAM CONTINUUM™ Steering Committee is responsible for evaluating the clinical, operational, and financial components of ASAM CONTINUUM™ assessment implementation for adults 18+ presenting with SUD and co-occurring conditions in the public behavioral health system in order to advise AHCCCS how to effectively implement.
- Identify providers who have already implemented the CONTINUUM™in their BH practice in order to understand challenges and strengths to advise further provider implementation;
- Identify which provider settings are ideal for CONTINUUM™implementation (eg, outpatient clinic, residential, crisis, etc.);
- Finalize level of CONTINUUM™EHR integration decisions necessary to meet clinical needs;
- Standardize clinical and technical operations across EHRs to promote consistency in provider experience and gathering of consistent data across the state;
- Establish a phased ASAM CONTINUUM™ roll-out within the provider system based on several factors including EHR integration readiness;
- Finalize training requirements for staff conducting the ASAM CONTINUUM™ assessment by evaluating the 8-hour self-paced ASAM training module and consider in-person or live virtual trainings with ASAM CONTINUUM™ clinical experts.
For questions, contact ASAM@azahcccs.gov