ID.me Identity Verification on AHCCCS Online Portal
As of Jan. 4, 2024, everyone who uses the AHCCCS Online portal will need to verify their identity with an ID.me account. This adds another layer of security to the AHCCCS Online system.
ID.me is a federally-certified identity verification vendor specializing in digital identity protection. ID.me provides secure identity proofing, authentication, and group affiliation verification for government and businesses. It is a secure, online service available 24 hours a day and can be accessed on a computer, tablet, or smartphone. Many federal and state government agencies, including the Social Security Administration and the Arizona Department of Economic Security, rely on ID.me to ensure timely services while maintaining the integrity of public programs funded by taxpayers.
Watch this video to learn more about ID.me.
AHCCCS Online users can find more information, including Frequently Asked Questions, on the AHCCCS Online portal.
- Who will this affect and why?
- As of Jan. 4, all AHCCCS Online portal users will need to have an account with ID.me to verify their identity after they log in to AHCCCS Online. The requirement to verify identity only applies to those who use the AHCCCS Online portal. ID.me adds another layer of security to the AHCCCS Online portal.
- What Is ID.me?
- ID.me is a trusted technology partner that provides secure identity proofing, authentication, and group affiliation verification for government and businesses across sectors. Using ID.me helps AHCCCS ensure that only authorized users have access to sensitive member information. To learn more about ID.me, watch this video.
- How do I create an ID.me account?
- On and after January 4, go to AHCCCS Online portal and log in. From there, you will be directed to verify with ID.me and given directions on how to create your ID.me account. See the Frequently Asked Questions in AHCCCS Online for more information.
- What if I already have an ID.me account?
- If you already have an ID.me account, there is no further action needed at this time. When you login to AHCCCS Online on or after 1/4/24, you will be redirected to ID.me to login to your existing account. Once successfully logged in, you will need to grant permission for ID.me to release your personal information to AHCCCS to complete the verification process. To grant permission to share your information with AHCCCS, click the "Allow" button when prompted.
- What if I need help with ID.me?
- If you are having technical issues completing your ID.me verification, visit the ID.me Help Center, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- What if I cannot verify my identity through ID.me?
- You must verify your identity in order to continue using AHCCCS Online. If you cannot verify your identity with ID.me visit the ID.me Help Center.