AHCCCS Secure Email Request: email@example.com
- * AHCCCS ID Number(s)
- * Date of Birth
AHCCCS Mail Request: 801 E Jefferson St. MD 3400 Phoenix, AZ 85034
- * AHCCCS ID Number(s)
- * Date of Birth
HEAplus 1095B Customer Support Telephone Phone:
- * 1-833-810-4200 (English)
- * 1-833-810-4300 (Spanish)
AHCCCS Member News
During the declared COVID-19 public health emergency, AHCCCS continues Medical Assistance coverage for all enrolled members unless the AHCCCS member:
- Is no longer an Arizona resident;
- Is deceased;
- Is receiving KidsCare, turns age 19 and does not qualify in another Medical Assistance category; or
- Asked for AHCCCS Medical Assistance benefits to stop.
However, as federal requirements have changed, AHCCCS is now also required to:
- Stop AHCCCS Medical Assistance when an AHCCCS member receives Medicare and is eligible for a Medicare Savings Program (QMB, SLMB, or QI-1) but is not eligible for AHCCCS Medical Assistance. These AHCCCS members will still get some assistance through the QMB, SLMB or QI-1 programs.
- Stop AHCCCS benefits when an AHCCCS member was approved for benefits in error.
AHCCCS will inform all affected members before their benefits stop. Members will be able to appeal any decision to stop benefits.
AHCCCS members are encouraged to keep their information current. Members can:
- Login to their Health-e-Arizona Plus account and provide new information; or
- Call toll-free: 1-855-HEAplus (1-855-432-7587) to provide new information. ALTCS members call 888-621-6880 (toll-free).
Due to the declared COVID-19 public health emergency, in May 2020 AHCCCS stopped sending response required renewals to AHCCCS acute care members who needed to provide more information. Beginning in September, AHCCCS is going to start sending response required renewals using the following schedule:
|If the renewal month was . . .||Then AHCCCS will send the response required renewal in . . .|
|May or June 2020||September 2020|
|July or August 2020||October 2020|
|September 2020||November 2020|
Members are STRONGLY encouraged to respond to their renewal. Members who do not respond to the renewal, or respond to the renewal and are found to be no longer eligible will continue to receive AHCCCS Medical Assistance coverage until the declared COVID-19 public health emergency ends.
NOTE: Coverage will be stopped during the declared COVID-19 emergency for AHCCCS members who:
- Get KidsCare and turn age 19 if they do not qualify in another Medical Assistance category;
- Are no longer Arizona residents;
- Are deceased; or
- Ask for AHCCCS Medical Assistance benefits to stop.
Stopping AHCCCS Medical Assistance during the declared COVID-19 emergency:
AHCCCS members who want to stop receiving AHCCCS Medical Assistance during the declared COVID-19 emergency can stop benefits by:
- Logging into their Health-e-Arizona Plus account and asking for benefits to be stopped; or
- Calling toll-free: 1-855-HEAplus (1-855-432-7587)
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has denied AHCCCS’ request to continue KidsCare eligibility during the declared COVID-19 emergency for KidsCare members who turn age 19.
KidsCare customers who are age 19 and not eligible for another AHCCCS program will be discontinued. Customers who are discontinued for this reason will receive a decision letter that explains when AHCCCS Medical Assistance benefits will end.
For the duration of the COVID-19 emergency, AHCCCS will:
- Reinstate Medical Assistance Benefits: AHCCCS has automatically reinstated medical assistance benefits for members who lost AHCCCS coverage in March 2020 and April 2020. This applies to AHCCCS Medical Assistance, ALTCS, Medicare Savings Program, Freedom to Work and KidsCare. Benefits will continue until further notice. Members who lost AHCCCS benefits in March 2020 and April 2020 do not need to do anything at this time to continue AHCCCS coverage.
- Continue Medical Assistance Benefits: AHCCCS Medical Assistance, ALTCS, Medicare Savings Program and Kidscare member coverage will not stop during the declared COVID-19 emergency unless the AHCCCS member:
- Is no longer a resident of Arizona;
- Asks to voluntarily withdraw; or
- Is deceased.
- Stop Premiums for KidsCare and Freedom to Work: AHCCCS will not charge monthly premiums for KidsCare and Freedom to Work members until further notice. AHCCCS KidsCare and Freedom to Work members will be notified when premiums will start again. The change to premium billing will apply to the March 2020 month. If the March 2020 premium payment was made, a credit will be given and the April 2020 statement balance will show your credit. If the March 2020 premium payment was not made, the April 2020 statement balance will not include the March premium.