- * Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- * Phone number: 1-833-810-4200 (English) or 1-833-810-4300 (Spanish)
- * Mail: 801 E. Jefferson St. MD 3400x
Phoenix, AZ 85034
AHCCCS Member News
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has denied AHCCCS’ request to continue KidsCare eligibility during the declared COVID-19 emergency for KidsCare members who turn age 19.
KidsCare customers who are age 19 and not eligible for another AHCCCS program will be discontinued. Customers who are discontinued for this reason will receive a decision letter that explains when AHCCCS Medical Assistance benefits will end.
For the duration of the COVID-19 emergency, AHCCCS will:
- Reinstate Medical Assistance Benefits: AHCCCS has automatically reinstated medical assistance benefits for members who lost AHCCCS coverage in March 2020 and April 2020. This applies to AHCCCS Medical Assistance, ALTCS, Medicare Savings Program, Freedom to Work and KidsCare. Benefits will continue until further notice. Members who lost AHCCCS benefits in March 2020 and April 2020 do not need to do anything at this time to continue AHCCCS coverage.
- Continue Medical Assistance Benefits: AHCCCS Medical Assistance, ALTCS, Medicare Savings Program and Kidscare member coverage will not stop during the declared COVID-19 emergency unless the AHCCCS member:
- Is no longer a resident of Arizona;
- Asks to voluntarily withdraw; or
- Is deceased.
- Stop Premiums for KidsCare and Freedom to Work: AHCCCS will not charge monthly premiums for KidsCare and Freedom to Work members until further notice. AHCCCS KidsCare and Freedom to Work members will be notified when premiums will start again. The change to premium billing will apply to the March 2020 month. If the March 2020 premium payment was made, a credit will be given and the April 2020 statement balance will show your credit. If the March 2020 premium payment was not made, the April 2020 statement balance will not include the March premium.