Health Insurance for Individuals Who are Blind or Have a Disability
A person who is blind or who has a disability may qualify for AHCCCS Health Insurance. For those who qualify, there are no monthly premiums.
To learn more, select one of the following:
The applicant may qualify for this program if the applicant:
- Is an Arizona resident
- Is a United States citizen or a qualified immigrant (If the person is not a U.S. citizen or qualified immigrant, they may still be eligible for emergency services.)
- Has a Social Security number or applies for one
- To apply for a Social Security number visit the U.S. Social Security Administration
- Make a copy of the form submitted as confirmation of applying for a Social Security Number
- Applies for potential income that may be available, such as unemployment, pensions, and Social Security
- Receives Social Security disability or is determined blind or disabled by the Disability Determination Services Administration (DDSA)
- Is under the income limit
This chart shows how much money the applicant can receive each month before taxes (gross income limit) and other deductions are subtracted.
It is also important to know that if someone is working, AHCCCS may subtract an amount for work expenses.
If your monthly income is higher than the limit listed below, you may be eligible for the new adult category.
|Family Size||Gross Monthly Income Limit Effective 02/01/2021|
|Applicant and Spouse||$1,452|
This document provides additional information about SSI MAO eligibility: