As of October 1, 2013, AHCCCS is no longer processing Baby Arizona applications. The Affordable Care Act (ACA) requires states to utilize a single streamlined application approved by the Secretary of Health and Human Services. In Arizona, this is completed through the Health-e-Arizona Plus (HEAplus) online application. HEAplus offers a quick and user-friendly process when applying for health insurance and can be accessed directly at www.healthearizonaplus.gov.
AHCCCS offers health insurance for pregnant women who meet income and eligibility requirements. For those who qualify, there are no monthly premiums.
Select one of the following for more information:
The applicant may qualify for this program if the applicant:
- Is an Arizona resident
- Is pregnant
- Is a United States citizen or a qualified immigrant (If the person is not a U.S. citizen or qualified immigrant, they may still be eligible for emergency services.)
- Has a Social Security number or applies for one
- To apply for a Social Security number visit the U.S. Social Security Administration
- Make a copy of the form submitted as confirmation of applying for a Social Security Number
- Cooperates with the Division of Child Support Services if needed
- Applies for potential income that may be available, such as unemployment, pensions, and Social Security
- Has income under the income limits described below
This chart shows how much money the applicant can receive each month before taxes (gross monthly income) and other deductions are subtracted.
|Number of People in the Household*||Gross Monthly Income Limit Effective 02/01/2021|
|Each additional person $591**|