Upcoming IT Procurements Communication Page
This communication page is dedicated to informing the public in a uniform way as major decisions are made regarding large scale IT Procurements on the horizon, or implemented recently. This includes MES (Medicaid Enterprise System) modernization project, API Interoperability Project, Data Analytics for Program Integrity, and others as needed.
If you would like to be notified when AHCCCS publishes new decisions to this page, please sign up for constant contact notifications below.
Disclaimer: This communication page is not intended to cover all procurements, please visit the Open Solicitations page for additional information on all open AHCCCS procurements.
Major Decisions and Milestones
- 1. AHCCCS issued and awarded a contract (YH18-0033) to CNSI in 2018 for the first MES module to be modernized called the AHCCCS Provider Enrollment Portal or “APEP”. On August 31, 2020 the online portal went live for provider registration. For more information visit: https://www.azahcccs.gov/APEP.
- 2. Many of the projects associated with the MES Modernization project will require the use of an Independent Validation and Verification (“IV&V) contractor. For the APEP project, AHCCCS is working with Grant Thornton to conduct the CMS required IV&V services.
- 3. In February 2019, AHCCCS awarded a contract (YH19-0025) to Sandata to implement the second MES module, Electronic Visit Verification (EVV), which went live on January 1, 2021. This project is in response to the requirements of the 21st Century Cures Act to have verification of the time and location of home health care and personal care services for AHCCCS members. For the EVV project, AHCCCS is working with SLI to conduct the CMS required IV&V services. For more information visit: https://www.azahcccs.gov/AHCCCS/Initiatives/EVV/
- 4. In December 2019, AHCCCS hired consulting firm Health Tech Solutions LLC, to assist in the development of a new procurement for an MES Modernization Roadmap Vendor (YH21-0004). This procurement is for a contractor to develop a roadmap that will serve as the future plan for modernization of technology and business processes as it relates to this modernization project. At this time, the agency is seeking federal approvals needed to publish the RFP. The RFP is projected to be published in Spring 2021.
- 5. The Contractor awarded the MES Modernization Roadmap Contract (YH21-0004) could potentially be precluded from being awarded future contracts that directly result from this solicitation.
- 6. Interoperability Project -AHCCCS is in development of an RFP (YH21-0018) for a Patient and Provider API vendor to provide these services. The RFP timeline is not yet determined.
- 7. Data Analytics for Program Integrity: AHCCCS is under development to resolicit this service through a new RFP (YH22-0001). The incumbent contract with Lexis Nexis is expiring on June 30, 2022. The RFP is projected to be published in summer 2021.
- 8. MES Roadmap Consultant RFP is now published on the AHCCCS website under Open Solicitations.
- 9. MES Roadmap Consultant RFP (YH21-0004) is CANCELLED as of 6/11/2021. AHCCCS intends to reissue the RFP in the next 30 days. Vendors must re-submit a proposal for the new RFP if interested.
- 10. MES Roadmap Consultant RFP (Second Publication) is now published on the AHCCCS website under Open Solicitations.
Questions about should be directed to Meggan LaPorte, Chief Procurement Officer at Procurement@azahcccs.gov