Upcoming IT Procurements Communication Page
This communication page is dedicated to informing the public in a uniform way as decisions are made regarding large scale IT Procurements on the horizon, or implemented recently. This includes the MES (Medicaid Enterprise System) modernization project and others as needed.
If you would like to be notified when AHCCCS publishes new decisions to this page, please sign up for constant contact notifications below.
Disclaimer: This communication page is not intended to cover all procurements, please visit the Open Solicitations page for additional information on all open AHCCCS procurements.
Major Decisions and Milestones
- AHCCCS issued and awarded a contract (YH18-0033) to CNSI in 2018 for the first MES module to be modernized called the AHCCCS Provider Enrollment Portal or “APEP”. On August 31, 2020, the online portal went live for provider registration. For more information visit: https://www.azahcccs.gov/APEP.
- Many of the projects associated with the MES Modernization project will require the use of an Independent Validation and Verification (“IV&V) contractor. For the APEP project, AHCCCS worked with Grant Thornton for IV&V services.
- In February 2019, AHCCCS awarded a contract (YH19-0025) to Sandata to implement the second MES module, Electronic Visit Verification (EVV), which went live on January 1, 2021. This project is in response to the requirements of the 21st Century Cures Act to have verification of the time and location of home health care and personal care services for AHCCCS members. AHCCCS worked with SLI to conduct the CMS required IV&V services. For more information visit:https://www.azahcccs.gov/AHCCCS/Initiatives/EVV/
- In December 2019, AHCCCS hired consulting firm Health Tech Solutions LLC, to assist in the development of a new procurement for an MES Modernization Roadmap Vendor. This procurement is for a contractor to develop a roadmap that will serve as the future plan for modernization of technology and business processes as it relates to this modernization project. NTT Data, LLC was awarded the contract.
- The Contractor awarded the MES Modernization Roadmap Contract (YH21-0004) could potentially be precluded from being awarded future contracts that directly result from this solicitation. NTT Data, LLC was awarded the contract.
- Interoperability Project - This project and any resultant solicitation is on hold at this time.
- Data Analytics for Program Integrity RFP (YH22-0001): AHCCCS Initially awarded this contract to the incumbent contractor, Lexis Nexis, who informed the State of Arizona after award that the company no longer wishes to support the Data Analytics software initially intended to be used for this project. Lexis Nexis also informed the state that it wishes to terminate its contract. AHCCCS quickly negotiated a new contract (YH23-0037) with Pulselight Holdings, Inc. for the Data Analytics for Program Integrity project which started in May 2023.
- MES Modernization Roadmap Consultant RFP (YH22-0009) was awarded to NTT Data, LLC. The procurement file is posted on our website Open Solicitations.
- 2023 MES Modernization Roadmap: AHCCCS MQD MES Roadmap.
- AHCCCS solicited proposals from NASPO Valuepoint Cloud Services vendors to provide System Integration (SI) Services. The contract (YH23-0021) was awarded to Carahsoft Technology Corp with HealthTech Solutions LLC as their subcontractor.
- AHCCCS is currently in the evaluation phase of YH23-0120 for an Enterprise Workflow System (ServiceNow aka SNOW).
- AHCCCS is currently in the evaluation phase of YH23-0128 for IV&V Services for the System Integrator (SI) Project.
- AHCCCS extended its Asset Verification Services (YH24-0003) through NESCSO’s contract with PCG for an additional 5 years.
- AHCCCS is considering NASPO Value Point cooperative contracts for its procurement of the MES Module for Claims Processing (to be assigned YH24-0017). This procurement is expected to be worked on in late 2023.
- AHCCCS will start the planning process for an IV&V vendor for multiple MES services including SNOW Case Management and hearings and grievance portions. More information to follow.
Questions about should be directed to Meggan LaPorte, Chief Procurement Officer at Procurement@azahcccs.gov